Top Ten Tuesday: Older Books I Still Haven't Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


Top Ten Tuesday ~ Older Books I Still Haven't Read


This weeks TTT focuses on older books, mainly published 5+ years ago, so I decided it was time to clean up my TBR and try to figure out if I'm actually going to read them. 

Noughts and Crosses - Malorie Blackman




I still can't believe I haven't read this series yet, I know its hugely popular and much loved by many in the YA community. Is it too late to read it now?

Red Rising - Pierce Brown



Another huge series from a few years ago, I have friends who absolutely adore this series... and the author *heart eyes* but I just never got around to reading it. It gets very mixed reviews on Goodreads, people seem to either love it or completely hate it and there were a few DNF's.

Glass Series - Maria Snyder



Over the summer I realised how many unread books I had waiting on my TBR, I mean I had some that I bought 2 years ago! I ended up taking a month to read through some of the books I already had, Maria Snyder's Poison Study was in that murky pile doom so I decided to give a go. Now I know people who adore this series and was good but that was just it for me, I didn't blow me away there was no heightened emotions when reading it so will her spin off series be any better?

Grave Mercy - Robin LaFevers


I remember being so excited for this book to come out, how have so many years passed already? I love assassin books and this one seemed to go down well with Goodreads.

The Scorpio Races - Maggie Stiefvater


I claim to be a fan of Maggie Stiefvater's but I still haven't read The Scorpio Races. While I adored her Raven Boys series, I do know a few bloggers that say The Scorpio Races is by far her best piece of work and I have the book so I feel like I should at least give it a try.

The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness


Again, another popular series that just flew by and I didn't get the urge to pick it up and read.

Outlander - Diana Gabaldon


Every year when Outlander is back on my screen I say "I'm going to read the books!" and I never ever do. And now with the new season back I'm in that same mood but have you seen the size of those things? They're so intimidating but I have found out from a few friends that despite the length they're actually easy reads so I think I'm finally ready to take the plunge. maybe

Defiance - C. J. Redwine


C. J. Redwine's first series has been on my TBR for years and I've heard some truly wonderful things about it but again I just never got around to reading it. 

His Majesty's Dragon - Naomi Novik


I loved loved loved Novik's Uprooted, it completely blew me away from beginning to end. And then I found out she had a dragon series, dragons? I am sold. Also there's multiples books in the series already out and just waiting to be read.

The Final Empire - Brandon Sanderson


I haven't read any Brandon Sanderson and I have no idea why. One of my friends is reading his Starlight Archieve series now and cannot recommend his books enough. So I figured before I jump halfway through his series I should probably start from the beginning.

Far too many books and not enough time ahhh!


Well there's my Top Ten Choices!
Make sure to leave me links to yours!
Happy Reading 


Share This:

8 comments:

  1. I reallllly want to read the Outlander series, but I agree! Man, those books are huge. My sister gave me the first one to read and I can't convince myself to start. I love the TV show, so I'd love to know more of the backstory. She mentioned that they are easy to read, but the dialogue/slang can be difficult at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh thank you, aren't they HUGE? Seriously, why are they so big! ha!
      I'm the exact same, the only things putting me off reading is myself. I'm so happy the TV show is back, I adore it!
      You'll have to let me know if you take the plunge and read it ;)

      Delete
  2. I did not like Knife of Never Letting Go and Red Rising and I DNF'd the latter. I liked Outlander, but I do feel like the time I invested in the series will not worth it... I mean, they are humongous! Defiance and Grave Mercy are also some old series on my TBR.

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soo many people DNF's Red Rising, it's completely put me off reading it.
      Did you read the whole series? So right, they're just so so big haha.

      Delete
  3. Oh I share Red Rising, Scorpio Races, The Knife of Never Letting Go, Final Empire and His Majesty's Dragons. So many books. So little time, haha. For me knowing that Novik had a dragon series was enough for me to buy it too. I have the first 5 (in Dutch) but I still have to start it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we both have ridiculously long TBR's! haha I know right? I'm barely managing to keep up with 2017's releases haha.
      Ohh you have the first 5? That's so good, you could binge-read them!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read Poison Study, Red Rising, or Outlander either! There's way too many books out there lol!! Hope we get to them soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOWWWW!!! There isn't enough time :( It's impossible haha!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...