The Heir Review

THE HEIR
Series: The Selection #4 
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Release Date: May 6th 2012
Book Length: 355 pages
Publisher: Harper Collins
Source: Physical copy, Goodreads 
Review: 4/5 *Full Review Below.

Blurb:
Kiera Cass's #1 New York Times bestselling Selection series has enchanted readers from the very first page. In this fourth romantic novel, follow Illea's royal family into a whole new Selection-and find out what happens after happily ever after.

Eighteen years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won Prince Maxon's heart. Now the time has come for Princess Eadlyn to hold a Selection of her own. Eadlyn doesn't expect her Selection to be anything like her parents' fairy-tale love story...but as the competition begins, she may discover that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she's always thought. A new generation of swoonworthy characters and captivating romance awaits in the fourth book of the Selection series!


Well.. Eadlyn is the complete opposite to America, I think I might like this, love this!
I really did like America in the Selection she was sweet, thoughtful albeit a bit too innocent for me but my main love for it was Maxon, no surprise there. So when I heard there was going to be another book I wasn’t too bothered but then it was finally decided that a girl would choose between 35 boys? I was obviously buying this.

Eadlyn is the daughter of America and Maxon, princess and heir to the throne. She is like neither of her parents she’s spoilt, selfish, demanding and a complete brat. I really didn’t like her at first; her ego was far too big! Although starting with such a head-strong character that always think she’s right gave way for some tremendous character building. The castes of Illea have been dissolved for many years but still the people continue to riot against each other and the royal family. Maxon feels that bringing back the Selection would provide a good distraction for the people and give him time to come up with a permanent solution.

Eadlyn is furious and at first refuses to take part but then she states she will only take part if she is not forced to marry at the end if she hasn’t found a suitable partner. Now she plans ways to make all the boys leave of their own free will or for them to hate her (which isn’t hard at first, trust me). Obviously Eadlyn cannot keep this icy exterior up forever and it’s not long before all these ‘strategic dates’ for the camera take a more personal meaning.

Of course there’s going to be more than 1 love interest in this but seriously the main one Kile is amazing! Kile is the child of one of the most loved people in the Selection so he grew up in the palace. He uses every opportunity he can to insult Eadlyn and put her in place, he also hates living in the palace and wants nothing more than to leave and become a Architect. Eadlyn and Kile constantly fight and can never stand to be in the same room as each other. It just so happens that his name was slipped into the Selection but by who? ;) I really did love this idea because I’m a sucker for a relationship where love interests hate one another and then they are slowly won over, it's adorable.

For me the romance was a little rushed between Kile and Eadlyn, I needed more build-up and even though she did win me around in the end I couldn’t quite let go of her childish attitude although I do prefer her to America, she makes for an interesting read! We also get to catch up with many characters from the Selection and find out that America & Maxon has four children, how cute! Maxon was still my favourite in this book, he was an amazing father and him and America are still in love as ever.

I will definetly be reading the next book because the ending to this is a killer and really really sad! So give me it now and I’m totally shipping for Eadlyn & Kile!

Share This:

4 comments:

  1. ACK! I won't get my hands on a copy of this until the end of June! But I sort of already suspected that Eadlyn and Kile would end up together. Childhood-friends-turned-love-interests are always adorable to read about, especially if there was an original hate-relationship between the two, all which turns into a love relationship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must get this Erika, it's right up your street! Yes they are always the best to read about a love/hate relationship is too good :D

      Delete
  2. Kile or and I don't know why but Erik is kind of sweet too. Either one of those and I'm fine is she ends up with anyone else.... just no lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha 'Just no' my feelings exactly! Erik does seem to be the dark horse doesn't he? So rooting for Kile!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...