Waiting on Wednesday: An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson

An Enchantment of Ravens
Author: Margaret Rogerson
Series: Standalone
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Release Date: September 26th 2017
Book Length: 304
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Isobel is a prodigy portrait artist with a dangerous set of clients: the sinister fair folk, immortal creatures who cannot bake bread, weave cloth, or put a pen to paper without crumbling to dust. They crave human Craft with a terrible thirst, and Isobel’s paintings are highly prized among them. But when she receives her first royal patron—Rook, the autumn prince—she makes a terrible mistake. She paints mortal sorrow in his eyes – a weakness that could cost him his life.

Furious and devastated, Rook spirits her away to the autumnlands to stand trial for her crime. Waylaid by the Wild Hunt’s ghostly hounds, the tainted influence of the Alder King, and hideous monsters risen from barrow mounds, Isobel and Rook depend on one another for survival. Their alliance blossoms into trust, then love, violating the fair folks’ ruthless Good Law. There's only one way to save both their lives, Isobel must drink from the Green Well, whose water will transform her into a fair one—at the cost of her Craft, for immortality is as stagnant as it is timeless.

Isobel has a choice: she can sacrifice her art for a future, or arm herself with paint and canvas against the ancient power of the fairy courts. Because secretly, her Craft represents a threat the fair folk have never faced in all the millennia of their unchanging lives: for the first time, her portraits have the power to make them feel.


My Thoughts



An Enchantment of Ravens seems to be the book everyone is talking about. I mean literally everyone. My twitter feed is constantly filled people talking about how excited they are for this book or the extremely lucky few who had already read and loved it. I'm beyond jealous of people with arc's, I mean have you seen the synopsis? Words like fair folk, autumn prince, love, fairy courts, autumn prince, sacrifice, immortality and lastly autumn prince!



I'm sure you can see why I need this book in my life. Who doesn't want to read about faerie courts, mythology and the Wild Hunt? I keep imaging that perfect blend of A Court of Thorns and Roses meets Lady Midnight, just faeries faeries faeries. It's not too far away right? September?
  I. need. this. book. now!


What are you looking forward too?


Share This:

2 comments:

  1. FAERIES and AUTUMN PRINCE. Enough said! I need this book now! Ahhh, I cannot wait for this mysterious unnamed fae autumn prince to melt my heart. <3 I haven't read a book on faeries since I finished ACOWAR (because honestly, who or what can compare to RHYS???), and this one is definitely singing my name ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT? Does this not have me and you written all over it? I am so so excited.
      Let me know if you plan on reading it any time soon and we can buddy read.
      The expectations are far too high for this but the excitement is too much.
      No one compares to Rhys ;) let's hope an autumn prince can cure our book hangover <333

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...