Review: Did I Mention I Need You? by Estelle Maskame

Did I Mention I Need You?
Author: Estelle Maskame
Series: The DIMILY Trilogy #2
Genre: Romance, YA, Contemporary
Release Date: March 1st 2016
Book Length: 384
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Love has no rules.

It's been a year since Eden Munro last saw Tyler Bruce: her stepbrother...and secret love. Although they swore to ignore their feelings and put their family first, Eden can't help but feel excited when Tyler invites her to join him in New York City for the summer.

But it's not like anything is going to happen. Eden is happy with her boyfriend Dean, and she knows gorgeous, green-eyed Tyler must have moved on as well. But as they spend the long, hot summer in the city that never sleeps, it becomes obvious that those old feelings are still there...simmering beneath the surface. Will Tyler and Eden be able to resist temptation?

Did I Mention I Need You? is book two in Wattpad sensation Estelle Maskame's DIMILY trilogy: three unforgettable summers of secrets, heartbreak and forbidden romance.

Review

Did I Mention I Need You was everything that I could of asked for in a sequel. The angst and tension was at an all time high and the plot only thickened with guilt and betrayal the longer it went on. The relationship between Eden and Tyler was a dream come true one minute and a heartbreaking nightmare the next. Lovers of this series will not want to miss this explosive follow up.

            DIMINY takes place a year after Did I Mention I Miss You. Eden has been in a happy relationship with Dean but now she's heading to New York to spend her summer with Tyler – Will all those pesky feelings stay in the past or will Eden find out the difference between loving someone and being in love with them.

Now it would be a pretty short book if Eden and Tyler didn’t have any lingering feelings for each other so I don’t feel like it’s a spoiler to talk about them and their relationship. Eden battles with her feelings for Dean and Tyler but the more time she spends with Tyler, the more difficult it is to deny her heart what it really wants. Tyler grew up a lot in DIMINY, I was so happy to see him put his troubled ways behind him and be better person, not for Eden but for himself!

            The romance is like another presence in a room within this book, I was constantly waiting for it to makes its move but Maskame’s slow burn romance is what I love most about this series; the smoldering looks, the heated tension and chemistry between the characters was off the charts. Some characters we'd rather not see make an appearance, friendship's are tested and secrets are revealed, overall this sequel has a lot to offer readers and it's been perfectly set up for book 3 to make sure you stick with it.

So DIMINY sounds pretty great right? Wrong. It’s cruel, that ending? What even?! I knew it was coming; it’s not in your face predictable, it was more ‘I think I know what’s going to happen, but I had better be wrong!’ but after all the agony it made sense. Fans of this lovely series will laugh, love and cry; I really don’t want this series to come to an end. I am so nervous/excited for Did I Mention I Miss You but I have no doubt Maskame will make it go out with a bang.

Share This:

4 comments:

  1. THIS TRILOGY. Ahh, I've been hearing so many good things about it and I've gotta say, the covers are too pretty to resist. Haha, but seriously, I've been in such a contemporary kick lately so I'm really hoping to pick these up soon. :D

    ~Cari @ myaddictionbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I adore the covers - both US and UK which is strange for me, I usually hate one of them! Ohhh Cari you must try this series, it will seriously get you out of your contemporary funk with it's forbidden romance :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a must read and I've been on the fence about this one--so thanks for helping me make the decision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you've gotta give it a try! It's such a good series that's only getting started :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...