Refuge Review

REFUGE
Series: Relentless (Book Two)
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Paranormal
Release Date: November 25th 2014
Book Length: 308 pages
Publisher: Karen Lynch
Source: Physical copy, Goodreads 
Review: 5/5 *Full Review Below.

Blurb:
To keep the people she loved safe, Sara left everything she knew behind. She soon learns this new world is nothing like her old one, and she struggles to make a place for herself among the Mohiri. But it soon becomes apparent to Sara and to everyone one around her that she is not your typical warrior.

As the weeks pass, Sara builds new relationships, copes with her new trainers, and tries to manage her ever-changing powers, while keeping her unique heritage a secret. Looming in the background is the constant shadow of the Master who will do anything to find her.

Sara finds herself on a journey of self-discovery that uncovers her true strengths and awakens a part of her she never knew existed. She experiences the delight of new friendships, the sweetness and pain of first love, and a loss so deep it could be the thing that finally breaks her. At the end of it all, she discovers that the one place she was supposed to be safe might not be the refuge she thought it was.



LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVED IT! 
I wasn't too sure what to make of this series when I first heard about it so I took a chance and downloaded the First book Relentless because it was free for my Kindle/Amazon! I was soon speeding through and enjoying the book but when it came to the ending I just HAD to order Refuge! It wasn't left in a typical cliffhanger way but from the moment I read the last line I just HAD to know what came next which is really a credit to the author because the story was just amazing! But Refuge? Pffft, blew Relentless out of the water! 

Yes the book is just as kicks as the first but the Romance? YES YES YES YES, it had it all!
NO INSTA LOVE None whatsoever, none of this complete soul mates, can't live without each other crap within 10 pages of the book, none! The author makes you work hard to get the good stuff.... and its AMAZING! Yet still I am left reeling from Refuge like.. WHAT? THIS IS NOT ENOUGH! 

These books have quickly become a favourite of mine, the characters are just great; the heroine Sara? I love her.. She's so badass when it comes to her friends and family you can't help but root for her! Nikolas? He wasn't the main reason for getting next day delivery on Amazon HONEST. He's just drool worthy every time his name was even mentioned on the page I was literally giddy with excitement! Gotta love a dark/broody man!

This book has it witches, vampires, werewolves and so much more don't miss out on a fabulous debut supernatural series. I cannot wait for Rogue and if it's title is anything to go on we will not be disappointed! Safe to say I will defiently be pre-ordering it! EEEK :)

This book is not getting the publicity it deserves so please get Relentless it's free and totally worth it! Click the link to get your free copy of Relentless below.



Share This:

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I totally agree with you, Cody. The book isn't well known at all but it's such a great book. I have put the author on my Wishlist permanently! Don't you love Nikolas? *grins*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ARGHHHH Nikolas? My god, he's something else! Don't get me wrong I love Sara but I'm only reading Rogue for him ;) hahaa.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...